THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 26, 2007

The Perfect Pumpkin Pie

So it's that time of year again. Fall produce abounds everywhere you go. Squash of all kinds, curious gourds, apples, and the ubiquitous pumpkin. We grew our own pumpkins this year, pesticide free (bugs don't seem to excited by them), compost pile and all. So I have two symmetrical pumpkins waiting for my experimentation. My husband rotated them while they were growing to maintain such a nice round shape, and they're lovely. Now to chop them in two, gut them, and cook them to a pulp.

I don't seem to have a pumpkin pie recipe amongst all of my files of food. Go figure, I mean I only make them once every year or two, talk about incompetance...sheesh! The moment is upon us though. My co-workers have once again voted overwhelmingly to have a potluck. That haphazard and random collection of food that no one normally serves together, but when taken away from their natural habit find is perfectly acceptable gastro-intestinal delight. Maalox milkshakes will be served as a final course for those who deem it necessary.

I have them all excited about a FRESH, not canned, pumpkin pie. With some scouring of the internet, I have found a potential recipe for home-grown, fresh pumpkin, that has a lot of potential. It must be perfect, as a tribute to the long, (mostly) patient waiting for the pumpkins to ripen, not to mention to show off a little and I don't serve people nastiness. A little anal, yes, but worth the effort. So we'll see how it all turns out.

No comments: